- The Machinist shall manufacture mechanical prototypes and engineering models from sketches and conversations with Engineers and Technicians.
- The machinist shall work in various materials to include metal, wood, plastics, nylon, composites, and others.
- The Machinist shall work with little or no direction from engineers.
- Works from prints, complex drawings, sketches, or samples to accomplish layout and plan for sequential machine operations.
- Works with a variety of metals and materials having difficult machining characteristics.
- Operates various hand and power tools to perform fabrication process to include band saws, drill presses, mechanical sheers, and punches.
- Under minimum supervision, plans and performs difficult machine operations involving tooling and machining details using machines such as cylindrical and surface grinders, turret, and engine lathes, milling machines, and shapers. This generally involves complicated setups, with appropriate machine attachments, and a high degree of accuracy in making parts involving rigid tolerances and finish requirements which are extremely difficult to meet.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Must possess or be eligible to obtain a Secret clearance.
- 3 years of experience as a Machinist
- Customer Focused Attitude
- Excellent Written/Verbal Skills
- Proactive Work Approach
- Problem Solver
- Team Player
- Ability to work under strict timelines
- Tech Savvy/Strong Computer Skills
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed