- Prepare and revise engineering drawings, schematics, logic diagrams and block diagrams.
- Completes technical drawings using 2D & 3D CAD based upon familiarity with the construction and functions of equipment and utilizing knowledge of electronic circuits, controls, and components.
- Completes the most complex and difficult designs and layouts for complete systems and components of a project.
- Provides production CAD support and organizes the CAD environment.
- Develops, implements, and enforces department CAD standards based upon department requirements and current industry practices. Develops and manages drafting processes to include product lifecycle definition and management, document/revision control, technical drawing libraries, and CAD tools.
- Works in close collaboration with engineers, designers, and mechanical personnel to prepare a wide variety of manufacturing layout drawings, electrical drawings, schematics, illustrations, three dimensional models and other type of drawings required for technical documentation.
- Uses a broad knowledge of mechanical and electrical devices, engineering, mathematics, manufacturing methods and related drafting practices to develop equipment and accessory fabrication and assembly drawings within established dimensional and weight limits. Performs engineering design work in interpreting general designs prepared by others or in completing missing designs details.
- Checks drawings for compliance to engineering requirements and drafting standards as they relate to dimensional tolerances, design layout of form, fit and function. Provides guidance on resolving technical issues as they relate to drawing content and presentation. Coordinates drafting resources on program projects. Provides guidance and management of lower level drafting personnel.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Must have or be able to obtain a Secret clearance.
- 5 years experience in mechanical drawing, computer-aided design, and illustrative design or commercial art experience; AutoCAD v14 or later; preparing and revising drawings, schematics, logic diagrams, and block diagrams; and training in Graphics Arts, Industrial Design or Engineering Design.
- Customer Focused Attitude
- Excellent Written/Verbal Skills
- Proactive Work Approach
- Problem Solver
- Team Player
- Ability to work under strict timelines
- Tech Savvy/Strong Computer Skills
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed