- The Technician shall be skilled in construction, assembly, fabrication, and test, of electric, electronic, and mechanical prototypes and products.
- Proficient in the use of laboratory hand tools, test equipment, and computer operated facility equipment.
- Assists other higher-level technicians and engineers in performance of their work, consistent with own background and training.
- Performs other related duties, as required.
- Performs a variety of technical duties under supervision, including the fabrication, assembly, test, modifications, and operation of complex electrical and electronic circuits and equipment.
- Performs operational tests and adjustment of complex electrical and electronic equipment using standard test set-ups in accordance with printed or generally accepts test procedures. Maintains laboratory records, as appropriate.
- Reads and interprets schematic diagrams, wiring diagrams, wire lists, waveforms, and diagnostic results and relates to overall equipment or systems functions.
- Makes complex repairs including replacement of components parts. Fabricates and assembles complex components in accordance with precise detailed instructions in a repetitive and consistent manner.
- Performs research on parts or equipment as required to assist engineering staff.
- May lead entry-level assembly, production, and testing functions.
- Demonstrates proficiency using laboratory hand tools, test equipment and computer operated facility equipment.
- Assists in design activities by compiling data related to the design, specifications and materials needed. May use AUTOCAD to perform design changes.
- Gathers information on parts or equipment concerning previous operational failures and modifications. May compile system documentation on completed units.
- Applies advanced technical knowledge, gained through education and experience, to accomplish the work necessary to develop deliverable end products from engineering documentation and drawings.
- Directs and coordinates the work of other lower-level Technicians and personnel to assure maximum efficiencies of group activities.
- Performs a variety of complex technical duties, under only occasional supervision, including the fabrication, assembly, test troubleshooting, analysis, evaluation, modification, and operation of complex electrical and electronic circuits and equipment.
- Assists engineers by performing lower-level engineering design. On a system basis, develops test plans and procedures, performs tests, and alayzes test data for validity. Is proficient in the use of computer test and operational facility capabilities.
Demonstrates proficiency using hand tools and test equipment and is knowledgeable in shop procedures, techniques, and limitations as applied to engineering projects. Ensures hardware and system fabrication and assembly is in accordance with engineering documentation and coordinates necessary changes with responsible engineers.
- Associate’s Degree in Engineering Technology or related field or military technical training program or completion of technical institute program.
- Minimum of six (6) years of experience directly related to work as an electronics technician.
- Ten (10) years of experience directly related to Engineering Technology or related field, or military technical training may be substituted in lieu of an Associate’s Degree, military technical training, or completion of a technical institute program.
- Must have or be able to obtain a Secret clearance.
- Customer Focused Attitude
- Excellent Written/Verbal Skills
- Proactive Work Approach
- Problem Solver
- Team Player
- Ability to work under strict timelines
- Tech Savvy/Strong Computer Skills
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed