- The Logistician shall order, receive, and inventory parts, components, supplies and equipment.
- The Logistician shall also pack and ship classified and unclassified items (as specified under each TTO).
- The Logistician shall maintain accurate accountability records for classified and unclassified Government Furnished Equipment and Material.
- Accounts for all GFE equipment and material. Maintains complete and accurate property accounting records covering the receipt, transfer, and current location of all GFE items. Marks and coordinates marking directly with appropriate Government property accounting personnel.
- May direct, supervise, and coordinate the work of lower-level logistics personnel to assure maximum efficiencies of group activities.
- Performs a variety of duties relating to the occupational fields of engineering and logistics such as property accountability, material control, source identifications, alternate suppliers, purchase and expedition, equipment and material flow, and direct customer coordination.
- Researches source identification and alternate source suppliers for replacement parts for GFE equipment, as required. Contacts vendors and suppliers for information relating to parts replacement.
- May act as buyer and perform duties in accordance with established procedures. Procures parts as necessary to meet tasking requirements utilizing various methods, being diligent to keep the Government’s best interest in mind with respect to researching low cost providers. Maintains requisition information for all parts, material, and equipment. Establishes delivery and expedition schedule. Maintains close follow-up on requisitioned items to ensure meeting due dates and identifies late delivery items at earliest possible time. Coordinates alternate solutions with engineering. Maintain historical information concerning trends for late deliveries from vendors to influence future purchase options.
- Classifies, rates, routes, traces, selects carriers and transportation modes, and expedites inbound and outbound shipments in the most economical manner commensurate with delivery requirements. Arrange for transportation and handling of special or unusual items. Initiate and follow-up on claims for shipping damage. May be required to obtain and maintain a Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) to facilitate the delivery of material to offsite locations using appropriately sized commercial vehicles.
- Manages reporting of Government property on contract to include, CAP, Monthly, and Annual Inventory Reporting.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Must have or be able to obtain a TS/SCI with Full-Scope clearance
- 5 years experience using material control procedures on Government Contracts.
- Candidate must not have medical limitations that would prevent travel for routine training and TDY (CONUS and OCONUS).
- Customer Focused Attitude
- Excellent Written/Verbal Skills
- Proactive Work Approach
- Problem Solver
- Team Player
- Ability to work under strict timelines
- Tech Savvy/Strong Computer Skills
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed